The beta testing this weekend.

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Re: The beta testing this weekend.

Post by Numero_Uno »

Kaetha wrote:Righto, for those that are testing starting today I will be on the mumble server a little while before time (about an hour or so) so that we can coordinate our gameplay today. I look forward to speaking to you all later today!
Yeah, I'm allowed in at 4:00pm gmt. I bought a new microphone and got mumble, just need to set TKM server stuff for it alittle later. I'll be up for playing any side/class for some of the test, but I think the 2 things i'm out to do for this weekend are:
1) to get the right gfx settings so it runs well sorted.
&
2) create my Consular in the character creator and start taking some screenies for avatar/signiture pics. Print screen + Paint & paste are your friends :D

Will probably be on around 4 ish, as i do have some rl stuff on this afternoon that i'm trying to aim to finish at about 4. Looking forward to it!
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

yup all checked nothing in my spam/junk folders from SWTOR. I will just try to login on Fri and Sat, reading the testing forums I am not the only player in the situation.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

As I type this, the client upgrade is taking forever. I hope there are no big queues.

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

What server is everyone testing on?

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Last when I was logged in they were at the Cell of Inu French server.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

Well aside from the massive server ques I finally managed to get into the game. Had to play around with the gfx options for awhile to get it to run decent. I even tried playing on a U.S server first since it didn't have a que, but holy smokes I don't recommend that at all, lag delays of about 6-8 seconds.

I also have a problem when I log out of the server the game seems to get stuck on the loading screen and won't go back to the server selection screens. Otherwise, I'm going to try to get on abit later, hopefully alot of people won't be logging in late night to it. Also, while it's great to hear people on mumble, I can't for the life of me concentrate on what's being said in game, so I might save my voice chat usuage for raids/pvp when the guild is live.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I have to say I had a real blast testing tonight. I was real surprised at how well the game runs on my laptop, it looks so sweet a low/med settings!

Spent a real long time in character creation experimenting on how I'm going to get JJ to look. Only thing I don't like is the body types. It would have been better with a slider. I would like a body somewhere between 2 and 3.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

I also had an excellent time last night. Spent 3 hours doing 2 quests because I was actually using all the time tweaking hot keys and preferences. And also I find it's a long time since I played an MMO...but I found a very satisfying setup in the end, will post it on the setup thread.
Like you JJ, I spent a lot of time in character creation, trying to make Yoonbak come alive. I'm torn between body type 2 and 3 because of how the face looks. Today after work I'll play around with how I can make the 3rd one look a little less HuGe in the right clothes...but I don't know...can you say The Hulk?!?

And as far as the game impression goes...finally an MMO I can play. For years. Finally a deep and vast SW world with charm and awesome gameplay. The lightsaber/force powers combo fighting style was what impressed me the most, hadn't expected it to be THAT fun ^^

Jsjsddjbdkdoddndjdfkff
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Well we had a blast yesterday as well ;)
Have been playing with Tym, Alwarin and Zenosis most part of the evening and we had a real blast. We've been hunting together as Agents & Bounty Hunter on Hutta, and some of the remarks for quests was just hilarious fun :)

Sadly... the server is down for maintenance...
After I went and did a Nekxyu too, slept 4,5 hours... woke up and found my body wanting more sleep but all my mind was working on was: SWTOR, SWTOR, SWTOR!
So... sitting here at my desk, with some breakfast, waiting for the servers.
pata
Old-timer

Post by pata »

I created Grao's face. I tried imperial agent too.
Xoana (shadow)
Mortel (scoundrel)
Sennera (sage)
Grao-tak/Grao (gunslinger/vanguard)
Botond (guardian)
Lirian (commando)
Jázmin (sentinel)