The beta testing this weekend.

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
BadJawa
Ex-member

Re: The beta testing this weekend.

Post by BadJawa »

Wotcha everyone,

Due to an annoying work schedule that seems to have timed itself purposefully for *this weekend*, I've not been able to spend much time in the game.

Having said that, I've had the chance to at least look at all of the classes (including those seductively eeeeeviel dark siders) and I'm not just impressed.

I'm like a kid in the proverbial candy store. Gosh. Just... gosh.

I hope you're all having as much fun as I'm having, just with much more opportunity to play!

Cheers,
Hawley.
Subtlety is for other people.
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

So what classes did people try out?

Tried a tiny bit of Consular but didnt want to spoil it for me. I do like the voice actor for the female Consular so that's a big +

I also tried out all the others except for Sith Warrior. I really liked the Bounty Hunter. Plays good and the story grabbed me right away & the dialog and options were great. If there was a class that's making me think twice on what to play on release, it's the BH for sure. The trooper I also liked alot for the story, not as much as the BH but it was good. I tried the Agent, but didnt like it right from the get go. Same goes for the smuggler & inquisitor.
Finally the Jedi Knight. Is it just me or have they gone the route that the JK is basically on the edge of a line between Lightside & Darkside that at any moment they'll go all emo-Hayden Christensen and jump to the darkside. While I liked some of the class abilities like the force charge, the story and dialog choices just seemed like they want you to play an on-the-brink of turning evil character.

Anyway that's what I thought of the classes I tried.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

I wanted to quickly say A huge thank you to everyone who took part in the beta and got together for some guild gameplay. It was alot of fun running the Talon and I enjoyed it immensely (when I wasnt bluescreening).

Despite a few minor glitches though I think it was a good indication of how things will work and I really liked the way even though it was beta that folks banded together to get things done and help each other out.
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

Curses, I never was able to play D:

I'd planned on sneaking away for a few hours during Saturday and play with you guys, and perhaps Sunday as well, but my birthday party ended up taking more time than anticipated, and Sunday there was a "storm"-ish thing going on around here, so I had to secure my travel back to college by unconventional, time-consuming means.

At least I still have beta, though I didn't get to play with you. Bad timing, huh :(

In any case, I'm glad you guys had fun and liked the game. It's gonna be awesome!
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

It was a great weekend, and had a lot of fun. As Kaetha already said, it was also great to see people help each other out already with all kinds of stuff even though it was just a beta.

My personal highlights would have to be:
  • On the Friday evening/night questing together with Zeno, Alwarin and Tym. We had a really big blast that evening, running around Hutta and getting things done.
  • Running the Black Talon a total of 5 times, with almost every time there being a slightly different story. The last time had the biggest surprise in that the crew of the Black Talon gave us a box of goodies due to a dialog choice (we still don't know what).
  • Making it just to the point where I got my starship on my Imperial Agent, and also trying out space combat. It was a proud moment to finally get aboard my own ship. Also I thought space combat was good fun, a mini-game indeed, but a very well done one imho.
  • Setting up the beta version of TKM on Saturday evening and inviting people all around.
Now as for classes and general impressions of the game. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game. It was every bit of what I expected, and more. The story elements and their choices were really well done, and I wonder what would happen if I had picked some other choices for my IA.
The voice acting was superb really and, while I did suffer quite some crashes, I thought the stress test went actually quite smooth (a lot smoother then some launches of other games I've seen). Had little issues logging in (except for the Friday when we first started), and in general the game was very stable. As said though I did have some random crashes to desktop, but after a gfx card driver they lessened a lot. I am still not sure what was up with it.

And lastly, as to the classes I tried out.
I have been only really playing on my Imperial Agent and the last half on Sunday on a Sith Inquisitor. I did create a Consular, but only to create a screenie of Serra's face.
I really enjoyed playing the IA, it is not a class type I usually play (a bit rogueish) but it clicked with me in this game (part of it being that Chiss can be IAs). I went the "hunter" route of Sniper on her when she was able to. I am certain I will be rolling an IA alt when the game releases. The story on the IA was superb and fitting, subterfuge and backstabbing it's way around Hutta and the other worlds to get things done.
As to the SI, I liked playing it and the mechanics were pretty good to, however I felt that it's story was a lot less interesting than the IA's one. Also Korriban seemed rather "short" in comparison to Hutta. It basically came down to "run through tomb, exit on other site, enter academy, get trial quests to run through some other tombs, return to academy, leave world". It was done and over a lot faster then when I played on my IA through Hutta. So I was somewhat disappointed by that really. It won't however stop me from probably also rolling an alt for this (partially again due to the race, the Sith Pureblood look quite awesome).

And that concludes my impressions from the Beta.
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

I was lucky enough to get into the game at pretty much 4pm on Friday, when it finally occurred to me to check which server everyone was on (about 6 hours later) turned out you were all playing on a French server so I decided to soldier on where I was.

Tried out most of the classes to get a feel for how the work, story etc. Didn't take any past level 11 though so not much in the way of AC.

Can't wait until release! My only dilemma now is I really like the Smuggler story and RP potential but the Jedi Knight sure was alot of fun to play.
Malgunn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Malgunn

Post by Malgunn »

Zenkutsu wrote: Can't wait until release! My only dilemma now is I really like the Smuggler story and RP potential but the Jedi Knight sure was alot of fun to play.
Snap... loved the smuggler (the cover system was a tad annoying) but playing a jedi felt amazing!

Malgunn Galazin
Smuggler ¦ Scoundrel ¦ Trader

SMUGGLERS: Don’t go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path. . . and leave a burning trail
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

It was a shame I never got to meet up with anyone, but to be honest I didn't get any character to more than level 5. I didn't want to do too much and spoil anything for the release.

My game was really stable, and I didn't have one crash to desktop or major bug. I was impressed at how well the game ran on my laptop. I hope the real game runs just as well or better.

All in all this really bodes well for lots of fun for all TKM members, can't wait.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Kensertim
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kenser

Post by Kensertim »

Played the Smuggler one day got to 13, doing a little of that tonight, loved the scoundrel. Thne played a jedi con. and they are a blast as well. between the 2 though, Smuggler purley for the better choices in dialog. Didn't get guilded for some reason, but had a blast as well, will be good to see you all IG very soon.
Illegal is such a harsh word, sir

Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

It was really fun playing with everyone, really can't wait for the game to launch now. I'm really amazed by how big everything was. That has both good and bad points, it looks great but turning in quests could be a bit of a journey sometimes. Played my Sith Marauder up to 19, the ship is incredible. Even more mind blowing were Tattoine and Hoth! Really excited for the higher levels of the game. I also started a Sith Inquisitor to get a feeling for how that class plays and I really missed Force Leap. At the same time I was missing being able to heal. Only got the SI up to 6 so still a lot to see there but I think I might start off with a Jedi Sage as my main and see how it goes.

Anyone know any details on Cybertech being able to make vehicles now?