It's almost Chr-...SwTor Time! Kaetha's pre launch rundown.

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

It's almost Chr-...SwTor Time! Kaetha's pre launch rundown.

Post by Kaetha »

Hey troops,

It's that time again.

With only one week till the beginning of the staggered early access I want to make sure we're all on the same page and that we're doing what's needed for you and to make the guild a success. We'll set up another thread shortly for us all to sign in and let each other know when we'll be getting access.

So this is an open post for you to address specific needs, you can also if needed PM an officer or myself if you don't want to voice concerns publically.

I'm going to run through a few things and feel free to chip in.

1.Recruitment

The decision was made that when the game goes live we will be giving the guild some breathing space by throttling back on recruitment. We will not be actively seeking to recruit new members but if approached we will go through the standard procedure. We will always keep eyes an ears open.

If you are approached by a prospective recruit who has shown interest in the guild. Get a feel for them, roleplay with them a little and point them in the direction of an officer, ideally Nekxyu.

2.Post Launch Events

It goes without saying that we will be organising and making the most of flashpoints, in addition we will throw in a few rp and guild meet events and we will notify you well in advance of the time and location.

3.Class leads and Information gathering

Some folks have already begun to compile class info and write ups. We are very much appreciative of this it shows a definite level of commitment to the guild.
As I've mentioned in a previous post we will be looking eventually for someone to take on a role of class lead for the gathering of information and organising of class forums to help out with tactics and "how to's". IF you think you may be this person then keep this in mind.

4.Operations

This is something we are very much interested in, in a few weeks time we will be nearing the stage where we'll have the opportunity to field teams to run the "ops". We'll be looking to see when the best time and days for such will be to run these events. To start with we'll most likely run one on a weekday and one on a weekend day to start with, with the possibility of adding extra days in once we find our feet.
Op Guidlines are currently being worked on but we would very much liek to hear your points of view on this.

5.Guild Crafting

We have a few budding crafters already, those who have a vested interest in making things. It's something I am personally really excited about, finding that rare schem and crafting something that guildies will use makes me very happy.
It's a distinct possibility that we will be looking for designated guild crafters. This will tie in a little with rare schems and materials found on ops and guild run events and we will elabourate on this more in time.

6.PvP

This is not my forte. We're currently considering someone to work with our events officer to set up a Pvp team and manage regular events.

In closing

So in closing I want to open the floor so to speak and let everyone have a chance to mention anything they want, things they think the guild is lacking, what you'd like to see implemented and thoughts on how you'd like to see your guild run and managed.

-K
Yakusoku
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Yaku, Jibeley

Re: It's almost Chr-...SwTor Time! Kaetha's pre launch rundo

Post by Yakusoku »

Sounds good. My only real worry was sorting out who to get in touch with once the game goes live for a guild invite since i missed the cut off. But sounds like you have everything nicely tied up.

Though seeing people getting in on the 15th is gonna be painfull haha. Hopefully be a thread of some sorts, of folks experenices and or issues as the enter the full game. Beta was stable for me, but be handy to have a sort of "Tech Thread" for any issues folk have so folk joining a day or two later can be ready for them.

Either way, The light at the end of the tunnel is shinning bright now.
Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, The lovers, the dreamers and me.
.Kermit de frog.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

Aye worry not we'll keep you in the loop as to when the guild is formed and when to get an invite.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

Don't really have a lot to say or add to be honest. The guild seems really well organised for the launch and preparing well for future gaming. It's a credit to the members and the guild management.

I don't know how much time I'm going to have to play come launch day and over the hols. I'v been given the short straw at work and I'm on 24hr standby for most of Christmas and the new year. I have Christmas day off!!! So arranging to met up with you guys might be hard. I'll just have to try my best, but won't be able to commit to a time to be honest.

I'm very much interested in the crafting side of things. I always have been with guilds and MMO's. I have kept myself in the dark on purpose with SWTOR. So everything is fresh and shiny for me come release day. So to be honest I don't know too much at the mo. I would like to get involved with crafting and the guild if possible. Maybe as a dedicated guild crafter or gatherer. At the moment I'm thinking of Armstech, but that could change.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

Everything seems to be running smoothly, so hats off to our excellent officers!

But seriously, I think we have a very solid framework to work with. All we need now is the game and some real experience. I have high hopes for TKM ans for now can't see any glaring issues.

On another note, I like to think I have a decent reputation as a tank in MMOs so I might be interested in the role of a Jedi Guardian Overlord *manic laughter*
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

The pressure is cooking up my mind....

December 14th i will have my new pc..hope it works from start... need install stuff and swtor ...aarrgh ...

Being part of quartermaster of guild i could do , be interest in.
Plan is to dedicated time to alt(S) especialy for the crafting ... hate that there is no account cargo hold , lol. maybe a legacy bonus in future.

I need stop watch those youtube ingame videos..... adds to the pressure..

yours steamy
Malgunn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Malgunn

Post by Malgunn »

will there be cake?

Malgunn Galazin
Smuggler ¦ Scoundrel ¦ Trader

SMUGGLERS: Don’t go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path. . . and leave a burning trail
Filious
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Filious

Post by Filious »

I agree with the prior posts, the you've all put a great amount of effort into TKM already so that there's little left to do now apart from sit and wait for go-live... i hate waiting....

I'm still learning about SW:ToR but given past experience I may be able to offer help in Information Gathering and especially Crafting (in WoW I had atleast one of every prof., 2x JCs and 8x Alchemists).
Helping a Jedi leads to no profit, so how is it I always end up helping...
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

Malgunn wrote:will there be cake?
We all know the Sith code starts - 'Cake is a lie, there is only scones'...doesn't it?
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
Malgunn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Malgunn

Post by Malgunn »

will there be scones?

Malgunn Galazin
Smuggler ¦ Scoundrel ¦ Trader

SMUGGLERS: Don’t go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path. . . and leave a burning trail