Laptop wirless gaming mouse help

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Laptop wirless gaming mouse help

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I'm going to try and treat myself after Christmas to a new wireless mouse. The one below is the one I'm thinking of. I only want to spend up to around £50. The new SWTOR mouse would be great, but at £120, it's a lot to expensive.

Razer Orochi 5600DPI Gaming Mouse
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razeru ... d.35208800
I can get that at Amazon for £49.90.

Can you guys recommend anything to me?

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Re: Laptop wirless gaming mouse help

Post by Machior »

I myself have never been much of a Razer supporter really. I've never used their mice I have to add also, but the looks of their mice and the feel of them (in the shops) never was really to my personal liking.

Mostly I am a big supporter of Logitech products, due to their good quality, performance and good service in general.
The ones I would recommend, however two of them might be a bit more expensive then you wish to spend:
  • Perfromance Mouse MX, this is my personal favourite. It's the one I am using at the moment as well. One of the strong points of this mouse is the use of Logitech's Unifying controller, which is a wireless receiver to which multiple products can hook up to. It is a bit more expensive however, but I am more than pleased with it. Forgot to add, it also includes the new scroll wheel of Logitech that allows you to unlock it and scroll really fast. Also it can be charged while using it.
  • Wireless Gaming Mouse G700, this is apparently a really good mouse. I can't back it up with experience, but the things I've heard and read this is apparently quite good. And it (or one of it's later incarnations) might be a new mouse I might buy some time in the future.
  • Gaming Mouse G300, this is essentially the same as the G700 but quite some cheaper and wired.
SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Post by SonnyCorle »

I'm using the wired Razer Naga on a Goliathus mouse mat. The official swtor mouse is the same design, only that one is wired and wireless. I highly recommend it. I love the buttons on the side. The naga usually tops most lists when it comes to a mmo mouse. That would be my choice.

Can't knock Logitech though. I know lot of people who use them for FPS's. But I personally went with the Naga because I wanted to break my clicking habit.

:lol:
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"
BadJawa
Ex-member

Post by BadJawa »

Wotcha everyone,

After much deliberation, I've just got myself a Logitech G700.

I wanted a wireless mouse with lots of buttons, but didn't need too many (lookin' at you, Razer Wireless Naga), and I wanted to spend *about* £50-£60 (Oh, lookin' at you again, Razer Wireless Naga).

I already have a Logitech G13, which is a great bit of left-hand kit and that sorts out plenty of buttons, but I just wanted about 4/5 more for commonly used commands that could go on a mouse, and the G700 does that very nicely.

Cheers,
Hawley.
Subtlety is for other people.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member

Post by Jens Jutoon »

Cheers guys, are all these wireless though?

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

I haven't tried the Razer you mentioned in the op, but I would recommend Razer products in general. I myself use a Razer pro solutions (white version of the copperhead or diamondback, don't remember which) which has lasted perfectly for 6 years now, and a Razer Carcharias headset I just purchased.
The thing with Razer is that no matter which of their three price ranges you buy products from, its always top stuff. They know how picky gamers are.
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member

Post by Jens Jutoon »

At the moment I'm using a wired Razer Diamondback, and I do love it. I'm just getting fed up of getting my feet tangled up in the wire. So I'm now looking at a wireless version.

I do like the look of the Logitech G700, and it is £56.50 at Amazon. Not too much over my 350 budget.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

I am looking at a g13. Not sure about a mouse with extra buttons. Looks complicated to use so many buttons on a mouse.

yes i newbie when in macro keys and such.. g13 will be a challenge
BadJawa
Ex-member

Post by BadJawa »

Wotcha everyone,

Yes, the G700 is wireless. To recharge it, you connect a cable into the front and it workes like a wired mouse. Having said that, it's designed to transition seamlessley between wired and wireless. You can also just swap an AA battery into it if you never want to use it wired.

The G13 is a great bit of kit. The closest comparison is the slightly cheaper Razer Nostromo, but all of the reviews I've read complain that the build quality and software have never worked that well since the original Belkin Nostromo. Plus it has fewer keys.

I've not used the G13 for Macros because I'm just not a macro player (don't have anything against anyone else using them, I just prefer to fire off commands myself) but I've used it in a number of games (not just MMOs) and it's a seriously good bit of kit. I'd very much recommend it, if you can afford it.

It does require a little/some work setting it up for each game, so be warned.

Cheers,
Hawley.
Subtlety is for other people.
SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Post by SonnyCorle »

I'm also playing on a laptop Jens. Just bought a 24" monitor yesterday from overclockers though. Not sure if your looking to go down the same route?
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"