Laptop wirless gaming mouse help

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Re: Laptop wirless gaming mouse help

Post by Machior »

I can heartily recommend the G13 pad as well, I love it to bits and nearly every game I play, I use the G13 for. There's a lot of possibility for customisation on the button presses and all that, but I use mostly "normal" buttons assigned to it. The biggest benefit for me is that I just know which buttons to press without ever really moving my hand or stretching fingers awkwardly to reach keys.

Some of the "out of combat" keys like the map or character info I usually just keep them assigned to the keyboard, everything I need in a split second, has a bind on the G13.
The joystick on the G13 I have mapped to the numerical keys (1-4) as I found it awkward to use for walking. Any other thing I need I can bind on the other buttons as I need them. And for me that include some state changing buttons (Shift, Ctrl & Alt) :)

Anyway, enough of me jabbering on about my layout. It's worth a try, and once you get used to it, you will use it for nearly every game.

And JJ, the G300 I linked is the only non-wireless one. I wasn't sure what the cost was in pounds of the G700, so I thought I'd link the alternate version as well.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

SonnyCorle wrote:I'm also playing on a laptop Jens. Just bought a 24" monitor yesterday from overclockers though. Not sure if your looking to go down the same route?
No, I've got a big Alienware laptop, with a really big screen. So i should be ok. I also have a monitor for my desktop, and could use that if I wanted.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Post by SonnyCorle »

ah nice. I got a msi gx660. Its great for gaming, but the screen is way too small. I need to be be playing swtor on a grander scale to appreciate its wonder and epicness.

:lol:
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"
sudo
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Stanley

Post by sudo »

Stop reading right now if you don't like trackballs :)
I would recommend you a mouse I almost bought once but couldn't find in my stupid country because the only shop that sold it decided to ask 3x the original price of it and I ended up buying another product (Image).

The mouse I'm speaking of is Logitech M570. I've been reading a lot about it and people who did buy it seem to be quite happy about it. In my eyes, it's the bese choice for a laptop mouse:

Its only downside is the fact that it doesn't have a whole lot of extra buttons you might be used to after using some gaming mice. So far, it seems like it will not bother you at all while playing TOR since they have much less abilities per class than WOW did in general.

Good luck in making the right choice!
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Post by Amtath »

sudo wrote: So far, it seems like it will not bother you at all while playing TOR since they have much less abilities per class than WOW did in general.
I beg to differ, there is a lot of abilities in ToR. I was already at more than two full bars before level 20.
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
sudo
Ex-member

Post by sudo »

Amtath, I was only comparing the number of abilities to WOW. I do agree that there are more than I personally would love to deal with, yet, there are much less than I used to have on affliction warlock or survival hunter in wow.
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Post by Amtath »

I'm talking at similar level. Sure level 85 at WoW you have more abilities. I played a lot of different characters at WoW and never before level 20, have I had so many abilities to deal with.
In ToR, you get abilities from your class and your advanced class.
And also macros are absent in ToR, so saying that you need less buttons on ToR, it's at least the same amount.
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
Yoine
Ex-member

Post by Yoine »

sudo wrote:Amtath, I was only comparing the number of abilities to WOW. I do agree that there are more than I personally would love to deal with, yet, there are much less than I used to have on affliction warlock or survival hunter in wow.
Hi, longtime Warlock player here. o/
I had 60 keybinds total. And used them all. Yet I still clicked some of the abilities.
However, as right as you are about us having so many abilities when we reach 20 now. I also get the feeling it doesn't really become a whole lot more after that.
Which, I am really glad with.

On topic however;
Ever considered a Cyborg RAT mouse?
They look like this;
And the beauty of this thing is that you can completely adjust just about anything to make it form to your hands and preference.
This beauty also comes in the version of the RAT 7 (wired) and RAT 9 (wireless).
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

But at £90.00 that's a bit expensive.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
sudo
Ex-member

Post by sudo »

Amtath, I've been counting the abilities each class has at level 50 and it still seems like all classes will have to deal with much less abilities than we had in wow at maximum level.
Bioware did say once that they prefer to give us most of the abilities on low levels (by searching through my class trainer at level 10 in beta, I noticed that I already have 70-80% of my class abilities).
I even started a thread on mmorpg.com, asking the same questions, and most high level testers agreed that we will have less abilities at max level than we had in WoW.
Which is great, in my opinion :!: