Guild Nights

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
BadJawa
Ex-member

Guild Nights

Post by BadJawa »

Wotcha everyone,

Whilst I'm more than happy that The Old Republic is finally launching, and no way would I want to delay that launch, the fact remains that a few short days after go-live it's the Christmas and New Year period.

As a result, lots of people will be bouncing in and out of the game, dependant on the call of family, friends, pub, turkey (the bird, not the nation) and sleep.

So, once all the celebratory shenanigans are over and the new year has started, we'll be looking to start Guild-based* shenanigans.

The plan is simple: On certain days of the week, we'll try and get something organised that people can get involved in. These aren't official Role-Playing Events, they are Flashpoint runs, PvP, and opportunities to get group quests done.

We'll have a thread created for each event, and you'll be able to sign up so we can assign you to a group so that when the event starts you'll be able to just find your group-mates and go.

Attendance is optional. If you'd rather go through the class story, or do some solo levelling that's fine. If you want to set up your own Flashpoint runs, that's cool. But we do ask that if you do sign up, you do your best to attend (yes, real life is no respecter of signups, we know and appreciate family emergencies will always take precedence).

Event start times will most likely be 19:30GMT/BST, with a finish of 22:30GMT/BST, dependant on event and how much fun everyone's having.

Mondays: PvP night.

Wednesday: Flashpoints.

Thursday; Night Hawks

Friday: Group Quests.

Saturday: Flashpoints

The Night Hawks:
I'm fully aware that not everyone in this wonderful community is uses GMT/BST, so I'm hoping that having some events set up for those who need to start "later" because of timezone differences. We'll be running some events as Night Hawk events, so that means a later start, and a later finish.

More information when we get closer to the time, but if you have anything that you'd like considering, please bring it forward.

Cheers,
Hawley.

* We're also hoping that our allies will want to get involved as well!
Subtlety is for other people.
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Re: Guild Nights

Post by Friesian »

cool..

just a suggestion to run a nightwawk maybe on friday or saturday, cause this next morning work/school/marriage breakfast/kids stuff some seem to have

i admit sadly, non for me ....
SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Post by SonnyCorle »

Good idea Hawley. I do agree that Night Hawks should be a weekend thing though.
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I'm a nighthawk every night.

Caw caw!
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

Night Hawks???

um not heard of that term myself. lol @ me just re-read the first post :D

sounds like a good idea jawa, but I will not attend PvP nights at all. Just letting you know in advance.

as I work shifts sometimes I will be on in the afternoon other times I will be on late evening, sometimes all day just depends which part of my shift pattern I am on.

So yes Night Hawks would be good as I can do them when I am on the late shift which is 1230-2115 (Could finish later if it goes all pear shaped)

My time off varies One week I will be off Wednesday and Thursday the next weak I would be off Friday-Tuesday.

my shifts work like this

Friday-Thursday (earlies 0415-1300)
Friday-Tuesday (Long Weekend (means I am off)((oh and early start, starts on this Tuesday so I will be in earlies until Thursday, meaning probably not on much Tue/Wed)))
Wednesday-Tuesday (Lates 1230-2115)

but the hours above are subject to change, ie if major delays I will finish alot later.

*edit corrected typo :D*
Last edited by Zenosis on Sat Dec 10, 2011 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

All sounds good to me. I'll not be getting in game until around 2030-2100hrs most nights until about midnight-0100hrs. So I'll probably miss most of the starts for events. Saying that, I also do a standby at night and all weekend, every other week. So I might be in a group and have to ditch you all at the last minute, if I get called out. The nighthawk events will be great for me on the nights I'm not on stand by though.

Also, I doubt I'll be taking part in any PVP, just not my bag.

So, I guess I'll just have to jump into stuff, as and when I can.

Edit: why do the Nighthawk events have to be at weekends?

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

I can't play uninterrupted before about 9pm most days, I may well be around earlier but juggling kids and stuff.

Sign me up for the late night sessions though!

Excellent freudian slip by Zenosis btw. That's a long time to spend on the toilet.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

Zenkutsu wrote: Excellent freudian slip by Zenosis btw. That's a long time to spend on the toilet.
:lol: I never spotted that!

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

To those of you who don't think pvP will be your "bag"...trust in papa doon to get you addicted.

There is amazing Rp potential in PvP in TOR.

I will show you the light and way.

/wink
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

JenDoon wrote:To those of you who don't think pvP will be your "bag"...trust in papa doon to get you addicted.

There is amazing Rp potential in PvP in TOR.

I will show you the light and way.

/wink
Show me the money...err...the way...not that late please...