WoW vs. TOR

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
pata
Old-timer

WoW vs. TOR

Post by pata »

Xoana (shadow)
Mortel (scoundrel)
Sennera (sage)
Grao-tak/Grao (gunslinger/vanguard)
Botond (guardian)
Lirian (commando)
Jázmin (sentinel)
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Re: WoW vs. TOR

Post by Kaetha »

I actually laughed. My money rests firmly with SwTor though I must say.
Yakusoku
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Yaku, Jibeley

Post by Yakusoku »

Damm you for making me laugh at my chair at work. Got some funny looks from the lass sitting across from me. And trying to explain why the video was funny to her took all the fun out of it.
Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, The lovers, the dreamers and me.
.Kermit de frog.
pata
Old-timer

Post by pata »

Yakusoku wrote:Damm you for making me laugh at my chair at work.
That was the point. :)
Xoana (shadow)
Mortel (scoundrel)
Sennera (sage)
Grao-tak/Grao (gunslinger/vanguard)
Botond (guardian)
Lirian (commando)
Jázmin (sentinel)
SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Post by SonnyCorle »

:lol: that was good
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"
Koth
Ex-member

Post by Koth »

Heh, awesome stuff
Yoine
Ex-member

Post by Yoine »

Great video indeed. :)
I really do love all the WoW 4.3 bashing going on everywhere.
It's been out for a week, and supposed to last for 7-8 months to come. Yet about everyone and their grandmother is done with the content already. (Not the Heroic content, sure, but those are simply just gearlevel checks.)
However, I cincerely hope the LFD and LFR crowd won't switch to SWTOR. Ever.
sudo
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Stanley

Post by sudo »

Yoine wrote:Great video indeed. :)
I really do love all the WoW 4.3 bashing going on everywhere.
It's been out for a week, and supposed to last for 7-8 months to come. Yet about everyone and their grandmother is done with the content already. (Not the Heroic content, sure, but those are simply just gearlevel checks.)
However, I cincerely hope the LFD and LFR crowd won't switch to SWTOR. Ever.
I can't watch the video yet (at work) but concerning your worries about LFD crowd invading our sci-fi space, I'm quite sure that SWTOR's story driven gameplay will create a natural filter to make wow 1337 kiddies quit the game in rage. One example I know of, is a story my rl friend told me yesterday. He was playing WoW since vanilla up until recently and keeps in touch with lots of people from his old guild. He didn't have the chance to try TOR beta but is very interested in the game because he is quite a story freak (like all of us!). Long story short, he told me about his wow friend who tried TOR beta and told him that the game is of very high quality and gameplay is great but she couldn't keep playing because all the storytelling and cutscenes made her level up slower than she would in wow...
These are the people I don't want to see in TOR and I was very glad to see that the game itself makes them not want to keep playing it.
One more thing I've noticed in beta, is it will be close to impossible for people to skip the dialogues and just move on with the content since some quests explain to you in detail what exactly you have to do (like pick up some small object on the table in the same room the person you just talked to is standing). Stuff you would not know, unless you actually listened to the dialogue.
Once again, I can only hope that people who love to rush the content and have no respect for the game's story / lore / other players, will not be attracted by this great game.
Koth
Ex-member

Post by Koth »

While i agree, if and i believe ToR will become top dog of the mmo pile for a while, then people will flock to it just because its "cool" and the mmo to be playing, Wow popularity is its ease of learning curve, ToR has similiar ease and most people like a good story its just been missing from mmo's in the sense that it can be found in ToR, i used to play EQ many years ago and i used to go to libraries and such places.. not because its where the loot was.. but because its where the story was am still the same way, i said to Yoine the other day that i like the Holocrons you can find because it gives me story, i totally forgot it gives a stat boost heh, so anyway i think we will eventually have to put up with some annoying "gogogogogogogo" people but that's just the nature of the beast and we have to learn to use the ignore option :mrgreen:
Xantos Hawkin
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xantos Hawkin

Post by Xantos Hawkin »

Hahahah that was awesome!