Timeline is melting my brain!

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Koth
Ex-member

Timeline is melting my brain!

Post by Koth »

So, i got into the beta weekends and i played quite a bit.. or atleast enough to know i love the game... now being the lore nerd i tend to be, long ago say ohhh about 7 years ago (around the time wow launched) i lost touch with Star Wars lore/fluff or whatever you wanna call it, anyway i was wondering if anyone knows when ToR starts after the Treaty of Coruscant, the reason am asking is because am quite fond of connecting my character/s in some menial fashion or other to someone important, even if its "he discovered me", so anyone wanna take a guess or give me the answer?

PS: Am referring to Kao Cen Darach in this case, though i think my guy will be too young.
Caliban
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Caliban

Re: Timeline is melting my brain!

Post by Caliban »

I could be completely wrong here but I believe that it's 10 years.

The Treaty was signed in 3653 BBY and SWTOR starts in 3643 BBY.

Take a peek at

http://timelineuniverse.net/TheSithEra.htm

PS - There is a reference in game somewhere, but I'm damned if I can remember where it is.
Last edited by Caliban on Mon Dec 12, 2011 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
~Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your Master.~

Yakusoku
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Yaku, Jibeley

Post by Yakusoku »

Koth wrote:So, i got into the beta weekends and i played quite a bit.. or atleast enough to know i love the game... now being the lore nerd i tend to be, long ago say ohhh about 7 years ago (around the time wow launched) i lost touch with Star Wars lore/fluff or whatever you wanna call it, anyway i was wondering if anyone knows when ToR starts after the Treaty of Coruscant, the reason am asking is because am quite fond of connecting my character/s in some menial fashion or other to someone important, even if its "he discovered me", so anyone wanna take a guess or give me the answer?

PS: Am referring to Kao Cen Darach in this case, though i think my guy will be too young.
Im sure i remember hearing the excact amount of years in game. But for the life of me cant rememeber what it was. And the old republic wiki only says "Struggling with a wave of seceding star systems, an insurmountable supply crisis, and chaos on the streets of Coruscant, the Senate has become paralyzed in the years since the treaty."
Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, The lovers, the dreamers and me.
.Kermit de frog.
Exerxes

Post by Exerxes »

The biggest issue is that BW didn't set the start date in stone. All the classes have a class 'story' and the time that story start differentiates between the classes.

All Jedi seem to start off as Padawans on a newly-built temple on Tython, after the TOC. How long would it feasibly take to build it? 3 years? 10? More?

I think we'll have to put exact figures out of our heads and work within 5 years or so of the TOC, because so far BW hasn't helped to clarify the time.

Ex
"Jedi refer to the ‘light side’ and the ‘dark side’, but really, these are only words, and the Force is beyond words. It is not evil, just as it isn’t good-it's simply what it is."

Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

It's appeared in multiple places as 10 years ATC. Don't ask me for a link though..
Velorius
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tharan Elataar

Post by Velorius »

They intentionally kept it kind of vague, the closest to official as far as I know is this quote
DanielErickson wrote:Hey folks,

We've always kept the end of the timeline a little vague since some origin stories start a little earlier than others, have more time pass during their stories, etc.

The window for the game start is about 10-12 years after the treaty of Coruscant. Most player characters weren't old enough to be adults during the last war but many of the people you'll interact with were. This is the next generation, watching the Treaty of Coruscant tear at the edges and wondering how long until the seemingly inevitable war to end it all begins.

Hope that helps!

Daniel:csw_tattooine
I'd link to the original thread the quote came from but the forums are down and the thread probably wiped.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say;
A fool speaks because he has to say something.
Koth
Ex-member

Post by Koth »

That works, make's sense too also nice find Caliban, shall have to have a look through that!
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

For further brain melting.... The Galactic Timeline Records 1-12 ~48min...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeboxMqdXdE
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

For my smuggler I used ATC 6-ATC 8 as connection to TKM, being on Ord Mantell.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

We used ATC 10 +/- 2 years for game start with Pata. Finished the bio in ATC 7 leaving free space after that. At the time we wrote it it was said on the forum by BW that it's around 10. Later I saw the post with 10-12 that also fits good for us.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)