A little game - Who are TKM?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

A little game - Who are TKM?

Post by Kaetha »

Because I have nothing better to do this morning and also because my curiosity got the better of me I thought I would get you to take part in a little game.
So I would be grateful if you would indulge me.

State briefly who and what you "think" the Kestrel Minority are (Their IC identity of course). How do you see them and what do you think their overall mission might be.
:?:
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Re: A little game - Who are TKM?

Post by Zenosis »

Well lets see TKM.

Looking through the site and thinking about KOTOR, I would have to say TKM is very similar to the Exchange, though the Goals of TKM are for Justice for the Innocent, Protection for the weak, TKM is their to make the Planet or sector they are in a safer place for everyone, also a place for someone to reflect on their past.

((I will throw this question out there, Where is Shandra's Master now? (she didn't come back to the core worlds with Shandra) something that makes Shandra feel she failed her master and the Jedi, hence reflecting on her past, (Last note Shandra is not a fallen Jedi, she follows the Jedi Code the way she understands it, it is her own feelings of failure, that may make people think she is))
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Thrakos
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Thrakos / Taunya / Neutrino
SteamID: Big White Bear
Xbox Live Gamertag: thraiax
Location: mostly Greece, occasional long periods of pillaging abroad..

Post by Thrakos »

If I were to let my imagination fill in the gaps that I don't actually know and then write from the top of my head I reckooooon...

Well firstly the name itself implies an organization that is closer to a fellowship than something officially sanctioned by a governmental body. A grouping of like-minded individuals brought together by either a small goal at first that served to create a bond and cement the road of guildship, or a larger, wider goal that they actively strive for.

I could see something like an initial small group of adventurers coming together to overthrow a local planetary criminal organization, each with their own reasons for doing so of course. For some it might simply be the 'lawful good' need for justice, for others it could be to get access to such an organizations treasury vault, or for others it might even be more specific, like vengeance etc. Either way, they came together, found that they worked very well as a cohesive unit and succeeded in their mission one way or another. However it played out, the bonds were made, pints of sticky alien alcohol were quaffed in abundance in the aftermath and they decided to band together for future goals and endeavors.

Roles were given, plans for a guild flagship were designed then put aside when they realized they would have to wait for a future content patch, rules and guidelines established and the name was hatched..amid much excitement and clashing of pint mugs, all on the napkins of the local alien bar where they continued to quaff their sticky alcoholic beverages.

summin like that? ^^
"Is that a small sewage plant you're carrying in your trousers, or do I detect you're a tad concerned?"
Terrog
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Terrog Vedkenis

Post by Terrog »

I like your take on it Thrakos ;)
Thrakos
Quartermaster

Post by Thrakos »

=)
"Is that a small sewage plant you're carrying in your trousers, or do I detect you're a tad concerned?"
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

The Kestrel minority are the kinds of Jedi, troopers and smugglers who turns heads everywhere they go, not because of how they look or act, they are subtle and polite.

Because their views and ideas about their professions are in the minority.

Heretical Jedi...idealistic troopers and honest moral smugglers...or, none of these things.

We're anti conformity, but not in a wrong way.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

Lots of good ideas coming from you guys, nice to see. I particularly like Thrakos' take on things. Mirrors some of the points I had in mind.
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

I know I said similar to the exchange, what I meant to say its the Reflection of the Exchange, Exchange=Crime Etc, TKM=Lawful to a point and attempting to make things right
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I reckon we should start writing something up, or would it be strange for a group like us to have a mission statement? :lol:

"people who hate people...come together!....NO"
Thrakos
Quartermaster

Post by Thrakos »

How about something like..

In a universe of predator and prey, few are those that hunt with any measure of vigilance. Hovering silently, studying the terrain with wary eye, and swooping only when the kill is certain. This is the way of the Kestrel.

Welcome to the Kestrel Minority.. be you a hunter? or be you prey?

(seeing as the Kestrel is known best for the way it hovers over a large area, waiting for the sure strike and then swoops!)

any good? :)

EDIT: re-reading it, it actually sounds like just the kind of cheesy thing a bunch of drunken heroes might come up with in a canteena! :p