A little game - Who are TKM?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Re: A little game - Who are TKM?

Post by Kaetha »

Well not so much with ToR Slidey. If you go on the forums every guild and his dog is "The rupublic army" or "The big giant jedi order" or "Mandalorians R Us" or "The other other jedi Enclave guards dudes". Huge military organisations all.

The small under the radar niche seems to be relatively unfilled this time round.
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

Well, that gives us two main strengths then:

1. We're original after all!
2. We're awesome!

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Kaetha
Founder

Post by Kaetha »

Well yes, what else did you expect from an Ex-Sleeper? ;)

I am hoping in time we will become a recognised name on our chosen server, much like Sleepers and The Brethren back in the day.
Slide
Quartermaster

Post by Slide »

Could be a bit early, but as current class selections tend to yield a majority of Jedi, it could be worth considering to give TKM a more Jedi-oriented approach.

Myself I like the current neutral stance of TKM, which keeps the door open to a wide variety of classes and personalities. Tending towards a specific class or classes could make others feel left out or neglected.

On the other hand, I'm fond of the underground approach as well, especially the angle of getting things done for Jedi who would otherwise be constrained to stringent Jedi Order regulations.

Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Rhanite
Ex-member

Post by Rhanite »

Very good points there. Besides - it's the loosely organized, unlikely allies bound by loyalty to each other through a network of cooperation and mutual respect that have the best adventures. Not like those high and mighty organizations with their red tape and stuff. ANd junk.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Right I've been giving this a lot of thought to be honest... I still don't have a complete definitive version in my mind but I'll try to spew out what I think TKM is. I think a lot of the points I raise have been mentioned before but still...

To me TKM is a group that is mostly concerned with fighting for what is right, in any way possible. I see TKM as being formed out of either a group of adventurers (as Thrakos described so nicely) or maybe a former squad of the Republic that were part of a conflict on a planet were it was pretty obvious that something evil was afoot, but due to the bureaucracy in the Republic no action was taken. This squad took it upon themselves to resolve the situation and formed a small alliance with some local populace to overcome this evil (what this evil is, I don't know :)).
Either way it inspired people and the Republic, while not too happy with the way things were done, would be pleased with the result in the end.

From this single alliance TKM arose, a group that gets the "Good thing" done without the need for endless bureaucracy. As such TKM would be of a more "neutral good" stance, trying to get things done and fight the evil of the Sith while not being bogged down in procedures or political intrigue. As such TKM's reputation for doing good things would grow and expanding their network would come naturally.
As for the Republic, they would allow or tolerate TKM based on the fact that they get the results the Republic wants. Besides there would probably be Senators in the Republic who would be happy with having a group who would get things done.

There... that's about it ;)
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

You might question our methods but you can never question our motives...
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
Slide
Quartermaster

Post by Slide »

Great post, Machior!

Looks like most thoughts run along the same lines.
I like the idea of a specific event or situation that brings the group together. We might want to work that out, what it was, when it occured etc.
The angle of being tolerated by the Republic can be interesting in how TKM isn't an official body, bordering on the illegal, but appreciated because of its results. Perhaps there would be followers and opposers within the Senate. Maybe only a select few Senators know of the existence of TKM? This could make for underhand rivalries within the Senate, if we want to take it that far.

Here's a "slightly" different angle :lol: :
Five years before the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant a crack Jedi unit was sent to prison by a Republic court for a crime they didn't commit. These men and women promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Dantooine underground. Today, still wanted by the Republic, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Kestrel Minority.

Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Ceandric
Ex-member

Post by Ceandric »

Dun, dun, DUN! Go A-Team :)
Kaetha
Founder

Post by Kaetha »

Oddly enough when we first started talking about the guild that was one of the ideas that cropped up, well something similar and I kept sitting on skype humming the theme tune.