A little game - Who are TKM?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Re: A little game - Who are TKM?

Post by Kaetha »

Right after reading all your thoughts, sitting here with too much caffeine and rabbits. I finally got something down on paper. It may be cheesy, it may be vague but by Crom I like it.

The biggest problem with writing anything about TKM is we have no concrete information. We don't really have our characters yet, we don't have the familiarity with the setting. This makes it hard to write something from the perspective of one of our characters. So Here for your approval and enjoyment.

They are The Kestrel Minority.

It was often said some time after that "The Minority" were a folk tale. Nothing more than a story to tell your children in the evenings, a story of brave citizens who gave up a safe and normal life so that others wouldn't have to.
They said that these noble few took up arms to battle injustice and the empire, to seek knowledge that would help in the fight, to bring peace to the republic.
Some truth remains. There was a group named "The Kestrel Minority", they did fight, they did travel the galaxy. However the story is a much darker one, than any would suspect.
Perhaps to begin with their intentions were noble, there are none alive today that know for certain. There were a number of them and each had their own reasons to fight. They came together over a span of time, perhaps drawn to the cause, or perhaps to the lust for battle, for glory or for credits.
The details of their forming are hidden in the annals of history. What we do know is that some event forced a group of unlikely allies to band together for a common goal and from these few the spark of an idea was born.
They would go where the senates' armies could not and do what needed to be done. Search the darkest reaches of space for answers and perhaps find a cure for the menace which now plagued the republic.
Today in the stories they are remembered as heroes, who played their part in a much larger scheme. However, few know what it cost them.
Thrakos
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Thrakos / Taunya / Neutrino
SteamID: Big White Bear
Xbox Live Gamertag: thraiax
Location: mostly Greece, occasional long periods of pillaging abroad..

Post by Thrakos »

I love it!

And I don't reckon its too cheesy ;) I like the dark undertones and for some reason towards the end of it I get a sort of fade in of the A-team music in my head!
"Is that a small sewage plant you're carrying in your trousers, or do I detect you're a tad concerned?"
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

As a slight addition to my previous post I wanted to share the following with you from wikipedia. It's a description of the chaotic good alignment used in DnD. I feel it best describes TKM overall as an organization.
Chaotic Good is known as the "Beatific," "Rebel," or "Cynic" alignment. A Chaotic Good character favors change for a greater good, disdains bureaucratic organizations that get in the way of social improvement, and places a high value on personal freedom, not only for oneself, but for others as well. They always intend to do the right thing, but their methods are generally disorganized and often out of alignment with the rest of society. They may create conflict in a team if they feel they are being pushed around, and often view extensive organization and planning as pointless, preferring to improvise.

While they do not have evil intentions, they may do bad things (even though they will not enjoy doing these things) to people who are, in their opinion, bad people, if it benefits the greater good.
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

All fine by me so far!

Having caught up a bit on the timeline page of SW:TOR, I found an entry that might be relevant for TKM:

DESPITE UNFAVORABLE TERMS, THE TREATY OF CORUSCANT WAS SIGNED. JEDI AND REPUBLIC TROOPS BEGAN WITHDRAWING FROM BATTLEFIELDS AROUND THE GALAXY, LEAVING STAR SYSTEMS TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES AND TO BE QUICKLY SWALLOWED UP BY THE SITH EMPIRE.

These are recent events in the timeline. Perhaps TKM was formed on one such star system as a last response against encroaching forces of the Sith Empire.
Given the order to withdraw, a stalwart few chose to ignore these orders and keep the invaders out.

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Thrakos
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Thrakos / Taunya / Neutrino
SteamID: Big White Bear
Xbox Live Gamertag: thraiax
Location: mostly Greece, occasional long periods of pillaging abroad..

Post by Thrakos »

Our favorite back-water canteena was in danger of falling into empire territory! TKM banded together to save the booze and liberate the dancing girls!
"Is that a small sewage plant you're carrying in your trousers, or do I detect you're a tad concerned?"
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

Thrakos wrote:Our favorite back-water canteena was in danger of falling into empire territory! TKM banded together to save the booze and liberate the dancing girls!
Hehe nice one, but the priority was the Dancing Girls then the Booze, the Dancing Girls were teaching Shandra Jerro the way things outside the Jedi Enclaves went :)
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Terrog
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Terrog Vedkenis

Post by Terrog »

Zenosis wrote:...the way things outside the Jedi Enclaves went :)
let me tell you a little secret... :lol:
Kensertim
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kenser

Post by Kensertim »

This sounds like some great background for TKM. A-Teamish, with a touch of freedom fighter, do the right thing looking shiney and polished up front, with a little bit of sneaky behind the scenes to smooth things out in the background. Very nice
Illegal is such a harsh word, sir

JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Kensertim wrote:This sounds like some great background for TKM. A-Teamish, with a touch of freedom fighter, do the right thing looking shiney and polished up front, with a little bit of sneaky behind the scenes to smooth things out in the background. Very nice
Wow, you know I never joined up the dots connecting TKM to the A-team, but now you mention it...I think I know what kind of theme our future video's will take...WHEN SLIDE GETS ROUND TO MAKING THEM!
Blomsma
Ex-member

Post by Blomsma »

JenDoon wrote:
Kensertim wrote:This sounds like some great background for TKM. A-Teamish, with a touch of freedom fighter, do the right thing looking shiney and polished up front, with a little bit of sneaky behind the scenes to smooth things out in the background. Very nice
Wow, you know I never joined up the dots connecting TKM to the A-team, but now you mention it...I think I know what kind of theme our future video's will take...WHEN SLIDE GETS ROUND TO MAKING THEM!
Can I be HM? Can I? Pleaaaseeeee ;)