Imperial Alts

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Imperial Alts

Post by Amtath »

I was thinking now that the game is out and that queuing is gonna be very apparent. As of now, the queuing is over 25 minutes. We should maybe decide where we will create our imperial counter part.

As they have opened a third RP server, maybe we should create them there, on the Shaltin Tunnels. Should the queue get out of hands. We could regroup there. I don't know what other think about that idea.

The main ideas being we have a place to fall back when queuing is too long and to regroup the Kestrelite that wants to have a Imperial Alt. So joining the practical and the useful in one move.
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
sudo
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Stanley

Re: Imperial Alts

Post by sudo »

From my experience, staying on the same server is best. The queue times will get much better (either Bioware will extend the server limits or weaker in spirit players will reroll on unpopulated servers). One thing I know for sure about mmorpg roleplaying servers: the more the merrier.

Truth be told, I'm also in love with our servers playerbase. General chat is extremley mature, compared to pretty much any other game I had to play till now, and everybody seem to be quite nice and helpful. I do also enjoy the idea of playing on a EGA server with people who originally preordered the game (this will grow in value many years from now).
Moreover, I think all of our Imperial alts should be created here as well because it could lead to some very interesting cross-faction roleplaying :)
Amtath
Ex-member

Post by Amtath »

Same server for Republic and Empire means that you have to share your slot 4-4 if you want to experience all stories.

Being on the same server except for the occasional RP event that would lead to "Who's gonna use his Imperial Alt?" there will be no interaction possible: no chat, no trading, no mail, ... And the Imperial side will be always undergeared, underlevelled compared to our main Republic characters.

In the end, we are all free to do what we want, if people want to roll Imperial Trask Ulgo, they can do it and people that want to reroll elsewhere are free to do so.
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
sudo
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Stanley

Post by sudo »

Oh, I was sure that Imperials and Republic will be able to communicate with each other just like different races can in Rift...

If that isn't the case and Bioware decided to "go WoW" on cross-faction-communication, then, indeed, there are not many reasons to roll our Imperial alts on the same server.
Amtath
Ex-member

Post by Amtath »

There is just the /say that works between faction. I don't think we can join a custom channel together. Not a lot of communication cross faction possible. And I would have the full TKM going head to head to an Imperial that a section of TKM to the other part of TKM.

For different faction, I prefer different server also for pvp as I know that the guys on the other side aren't my friends, my allies, ... Just an another bunch of guys. It's already weird now to fight other TKM in Huttball. :lol:
Filious
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Filious

Post by Filious »

Amtath wrote: It's already weird now to fight other TKM in Huttball. :lol:
that doesn't bother me, it's just like if someone was supporting man city over man utd... i don't see the hutball teams as factions, just teams with supporters :)
Helping a Jedi leads to no profit, so how is it I always end up helping...
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

I like the idea for a Imp alt server. As longs as we Kestrels go there. Keeping in mind its alt. So i await orders hehe. I have one que alt on rogue moon lvl 3 names QQ'Noo. Which i can delte easy and start on third RP server if we decided its our secondary base server
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

I created my imperial alt on the same server just to keep the name on 13-th, but if it's available on other, and I can convince Pata to join then I can move her. But he said earlier he wants to stay on the same with all of his chars. For me the most important is to be able to play with him.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Exerxes

Post by Exerxes »

One thing that may be forgotten is Legacy names.

I believe that these Legacy names can work across factions but I don't know about servers.

As a guild with RP there may be some players who want to have their character be related to a Dark Sider, I would be one of them.

Going across servers wouldn't make sense if it was even indeed allowed for Legacy names to do so.

And as someone pointed out, there is the chance of cross faction roleplaying if the characters are on the same server.

Generally I also don't believe that people will play all 16 classes and want to keep every single one. The gameplay might not strike a chord with them, or the story might not.

But at the end of the day there's no reason why we can't have two Imp Guilds; one on a different server and one on this server. If I had to choose one over the other however, I'd choose to stay on the same server.

Ex
"Jedi refer to the ‘light side’ and the ‘dark side’, but really, these are only words, and the Force is beyond words. It is not evil, just as it isn’t good-it's simply what it is."

Cheesey
Ex-member

Post by Cheesey »

IMHO since there's factions involved, I don't think you should be allowed to make both sides on same server. Stops cross realming.

Anyway the reason behind Imp guild on another server would be to avoid queues, downtime/maintenance and the odd server crash/reboot. If its on another server we get to play rather than queue etc.

And I for one wont make multiple alts of same class on different servers.The gameplay,skills,abilities etc are all the same over the 4 classes.
Left guild because I joined light Rp guild and not what I class as as heavy RP guild . Cant be doing with OP and flashpoints IC sorry.
Plus I was sure it was called The Kestrel Minority and not JenDoons Ego.