SW:TOR's bugs and points of improvement

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Valenth
SWTOR Characters: Valenth Guiran

SW:TOR's bugs and points of improvement

Post by Valenth »

Hey guys,

Call me weird, but I usually have the habit of keeping a list of the things I notice in the games I play concerning bugs or which I think could use improvement. I figured I could share it with you guys and perhaps add/expand on the list (but hopefully not the latter :P). Who knows maybe some Kestrels can confirm they have the same, share possible work-arounds or add in any other way to the list. If anything it just makes me feel good posting this for some odd reason. :P However, if things on this list turn out to be already in the game and/or fixed, feel free to point it out to me on here. :)

Anyways, here goes:

- Menu auto-sort button/ auto-stacking for items in the the inventory and storage.

- Hoods from Jedi Robes being toggable between on and off. This was promised before on the forums plenty of times, and you can see plenty of NPCs walking around with the "hood off" version of the robes.

- Quickly being able to whisp back more then one person: With chat open --> press tab to make me "scroll" through the list of people I whispered/ have whispered me before. This or some other way to scroll through the people who whispered me before and/or whom I have whispered. Right now I have to re-type someone's name every time if I am switching when whispering two or more people.

- Being able to move around menu windows. Also being able to have more then two up at the same time up. Imagine fiddeling around with your inventory and storage (two windows up) and your crew delivers a mission result, effectively canceling both your inventory and storage window (because inventory one gets auto closed when you close the storage one).

- Being able to put up marks on targets via hotkeys. I used my numpad keys in other games and it sure is faster then having to right click their protrait and go through two options.

- High ress "ingame" textures (not just in conversations). They are in there already (as you can see in said conversations) just not activated at all other times even with the option turned up highest.

- Add chat bubbles, or at least option to do so. <-- nuff said. :3

- Remove Green walls/eams of light, a graphical bug, mostly on Tatooine/Balmorra for me. This is probably a driver related issue, but it seems to be present in both the latest Nvidia AND ATI drivers (according to official forum users). That being the case, it's probably something BioWare should be able to fix as well as Nvidia and ATI.

- Being able to specifically look for certain kind of armor parts (say only gloves, hats, etc.) on the GTN and not just all 'heavy armor'. Right now it's making me scroll through everything considered a certain armor type while I may just be looking for a hat and don't need to see anything else.

- Add an option to make chat only activate by pressing enter, not also while hovering over it. I've had more then once that I misclicked on chat instead of a target, activating it, resulting in '1313weawesswwewqqqwe231323132452413qea' or something similar and ultimatly dying a humiliating death. :P

- Modification disappearance bug fixed. This usually happens when you remove mods from one piece, place them in another and then load another zone. You end up with two empty items, although when you link the item, the mods are still on it. Sadly enough the stats it gives aren't as if those mods are on it. :P This costed two pieces of equips worth in mods already.

Here is a vid I uploaded to illustrate my problem. Watch it and be amased. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBo4oFoQpY

- Mail working correctly. It eats items and credits occasionally atm. Very annoying when transferring high amount of credits or items. Have you recieved your 32 "Nerve-Damaging Chemicals" Doon? :D

- Bugreport NOT activating upon pressing "\". The button is left of my enter key (not sure if this is standard though), and sometimes in PvP I press it down together with my enter key resulting in the bugreport window to cover my entire screen. I know in keybinds there is an option called customer service being slotted to ctrl + \. I unbound this key and it still activates my bugreport thingie still activates on pressing \, confirming to me the bugreport window is not considered the customer service window. Which I kinda knew already, but it was worth a shot. You know, sometimes semantics get messed up, and this might have been such a case after all. :P

- Coverbar setting in the options menu that keep resetting to default whenever you load a new zone/area. I myself am not bothered by this, being a Jedi Guardian. However, some our friendly guildmembers seem to be and as such I'd like to see a fix for this. :)

*Edit*

- Hair being clipped from headgears. This sounds to me like they didn't have time to properly fix this and when priorities have to be made things like this come last usually. Still dreadfully annoying to see, just like the lower ress textures! xD

- Reverse Engineering button disappearing. Although this can be worked around by reloading the UI (Ctrl + U twice), it's still annoying if it happens to you for like the 100th time.

- Chatwindows resetting. I've never had this I think, but the closest thing I imagine would be the "General" chatwindow being selected whenever I load a new zone.

- reintroduce match to chest, though I am not horribly bothered by this myself much yet. This might have to do with me having a matching set though (A).

There's probably more I forgot to write down atm, but I am sure you guys will point them out if so. xD
Last edited by Valenth on Mon Jan 02, 2012 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason anyone does anything: FOR THE LOLZ!!!.
The Guiran Legacy:
Valenth | Elendus | Heliste | Judia | Pretho | Veris | Phalanx | Rolande
Raiah
SteamID: Leonick
Origin ID: Leonick
Xbox Live Gamertag: Leonick

Re: SW:TOR's bugs and points of improvement

Post by Raiah »

Pretty nice list you got there, well a nice list of not so nice things... I presume you shared it with Bioware too?

One annoying thing I've run in to is that every single piece of headgear I've ever got is clipping with my hair rather than hiding it, don't know if it's the items, my class (Consular, Sage), my species (Miraluka), the hairstyle (female, #10) or something completely different, but it sure is annoying.
Main characters
Nesalia - Lvl 62?, Scoundrel
Rykorth - Lvl 65, Juggernaut
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

A few from me:

1. The reverse engineering icon disappears from time to time and is annoying.
2. Being able to dye Armour and clothing, so it all matches up would be nice.
3. All my chat windows reset sometimes. I have 3 windows set up around my UI, all with different chat settings. Sometimes when I log back in they have all been reset to the one default chat window. Very annoying.

Server specific forums and speech bubbles as well, please Bioware.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Raiah

Post by Raiah »

Jens Jutoon wrote:A few from me:
There used to be a "Match to Chest" option during the beta. Guess they wanted to work more on that...
Main characters
Valenth
SWTOR Characters: Valenth Guiran

Post by Valenth »

Raiah wrote:
There used to be a "Match to Chest" option during the beta. Guess they wanted to work more on that...
Yes, they have removed this feature in the live version because apperently it was causing lots of (game breaking) bugs and such. Don't ask me what kind of bugs, but I myself had the problem of my pants becoming invisible. I suspect this being one of those bugs. They did say they are working on an improved version of it though, so all we can do it sit tight.

About sharing this list with BioWare, I haven't yet. The thought didn't even cross my mind so far, but it might be really nice to do if there isn't anything like it so far on the forums already.
The only reason anyone does anything: FOR THE LOLZ!!!.
The Guiran Legacy:
Valenth | Elendus | Heliste | Judia | Pretho | Veris | Phalanx | Rolande
Raiah

Post by Raiah »

Here's another nasty one for us healers. If you bind the focus modifier to a mouse button it won't work properly, for example, if the pointer is over the quickbars when you start holding the modifier you won't be able to click any ability and it's just generally unreliable.
Valenth wrote: About sharing this list with BioWare, I haven't yet. The thought didn't even cross my mind so far, but it might be really nice to do if there isn't anything like it so far on the forums already.
I usually just submit a Bug Report Ticket when I find something I think might be noteworthy. Doesn't take too much of my time.
Beware though, if any window pop up like lets say a companion returning from a mission it will close the help center and the ticket creation window and all you've written will be lost, really frustrating.
Main characters
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

I was upset because of it and someone advised to speak to a vendor then it comes back, and it does every time, otherwise I couldn't do any reverse engineering because now it's the default that it's missing in inventory for me. But still annoying I know.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

Lisszia wrote:

I was upset because of it and someone advised to speak to a vendor then it comes back, and it does every time, otherwise I couldn't do any reverse engineering because now it's the default that it's missing in inventory for me. But still annoying I know.
I'm not sure if it was me that told you that. I know I've said this to a few folks now. It still is really annoying like you say.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Raiah

Post by Raiah »

Jens Jutoon wrote:
Lisszia wrote:

I'm not sure if it was me that told you that. I know I've said this to a few folks now. It still is really annoying like you say.
What crewskills you you two have? Just thinking if there's a pattern because I have not encountered this.

(I have however noticed that if you log of a character with scavenging and then log on a character without it, it often shows up as a fourth skill in the crewskill window, not usable though.)
Main characters
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Raiah wrote:
(I have however noticed that if you log of a character with scavenging and then log on a character without it, it often shows up as a fourth skill in the crewskill window, not usable though.)
That is the same for me, with slicing, and if I don't restart the game the slicing nods shows on my map as well...
And for crafting I have Armormech and Cybertech.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)