Grey perks and abilities may not be in...ever.

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: Grey perks and abilities may not be in...ever.

Post by JenDoon »

Zenosis wrote:Hum just thinking, I will mostly be light but Shandra has anger management issues potentially leading to some darkside, so Shandra will be Light Grey :P
Jen'doon will tip her over the edge.
Valenth
SWTOR Characters: Valenth Guiran

Post by Valenth »

JenDoon wrote:
Zenosis wrote:Hum just thinking, I will mostly be light but Shandra has anger management issues potentially leading to some darkside, so Shandra will be Light Grey :P
Jen'doon will tip her over the edge.
Hold up, let me clean my waiting room first... :P
The only reason anyone does anything: FOR THE LOLZ!!!.
The Guiran Legacy:
Valenth | Elendus | Heliste | Judia | Pretho | Veris | Phalanx | Rolande
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

In real life, I only deal in absolutes, so not rewarding "grey" alignments doesnt bother me at all as I'm the sort of player who if I play a good character I'd aim to be 100% white knight or if I played an evil character I'd aim to be 100% evil. In for a penny, in for a pound.

But, in saying that, I think alot of players want to play the anti-hero, some players may want to play a very self centred character but not "evil" and then there are some players who can't be bought, bullied or negotiated with, these players will all lose out if they don't reward grey alignment. So, i'm not against them rewarding it for those players.
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

This is pretty weak, hope it is untrue... Was definitely looking forward to the challenge of the grey side.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Xenn wrote:This is pretty weak, hope it is untrue... Was definitely looking forward to the challenge of the grey side.

You can still go full gray, just don't expect to be able to wear any of the specific full light or full dark clothing.
Xenn
Ex-member

Post by Xenn »

JenDoon wrote:
Xenn wrote:This is pretty weak, hope it is untrue... Was definitely looking forward to the challenge of the grey side.

You can still go full gray, just don't expect to be able to wear any of the specific full light or full dark clothing.

Well, my hope was that there would be some cool grey armor and / or abilities... With any luck it'll be something they get in down the road.
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

If you were Daniels Ericksson's abs, what would you put in the game as grey gear? I certainly have no idea what it would be.
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

I'm disappointed, but hey there are still a lot of good features and yes fingers crossed that grey perks make it in some time.
I had planned on going grey from the start but now , perhaps Kaetha will walk the darker path. (someone has to)
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Xenn wrote:
JenDoon wrote:

Well, my hope was that there would be some cool grey armor and / or abilities... With any luck it'll be something they get in down the road.

There are no abilities linked to your allignment. Even if you make full light or darkside, you don't get powers..it's all cosmetic stuff.
Xenn
Ex-member

Post by Xenn »

Actually, reading the original article that was linked to from the article Kaetha posted it sounds a lot more hopeful that they will get grey stuff in at some point. http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210987p1.html

As far as what I think grey stuff would be it'd be nice to have well, grey, armor. ;) Originally I thought there were some dev comments that your LS/GS/DS points would change the look of your powers but maybe they have given up on that. They have said DS will change your characters appearance.